umw_nms_s08Posts RSS Comments RSS

Final Project Update

I have decided to switch my final project topic. My initial plan was to do the project on Skype and conference calling, and although the idea never really excited me, I couldn’t seem to come up with anything else. I have what I think is a better idea, and would like to do my final project on Digital Storytelling.

The idea of combining the art of storytelling with multimedia tools is getting attention from educators, who feel digital storytelling is a valuable tool in the classroom. There are many different types of software that can be used to create digital stories, and for my project, I plan to learn all about and present the various tools that are available. Also, I will present on the use of digital storytelling as a tool for students to combine learning about technology with writing. The thing that I will make is a digital story.

I have my work cut out for me, as I will be devoting much of my time to putting the project together over the next few weeks. But I am happy to have found a topic that I am excited about.

One Response to “Final Project Update”

1. on 01 Apr 2008 at 6:49 amDr. C.

Sounds great. We can post your digital story to either the class blog or to YouTube (or some other venue). Glad you’ve found something that inspires you.